Using AppUpdater.exe, available with Riva On-Premise 2.4.44 or higher, is an alternative way to upgrade Riva to a new version while preserving the current settings. For multi-node deployments of Riva, a scripted solution is possible with AppUpdater.exe.
- The new version and current settings are installed in the Riva\Application\RunTime folder.
- The version used before the upgrade and a copy of the current settings are retained in a versioned folder under Riva\Application, for example Riva\Application\220.127.116.11359.
- AppUpdater.exe can be used to upgrade any version of Riva.
To set up before using AppUpdater.exe for the first time:
Contact the Riva Success Team to obtain a Riva .zip file whose name contains 18.104.22.168954 or a higher value.
Extract the file Riva\AppUpdater.exe to the root of the Riva installation folder (C:\Riva by default).
For a multi-node deployment of Riva, repeat step 2 on every node.
To upgrade Riva with AppUpdater.exe:
- Close or stop the following:
- Close the Riva Manager application.
- In the CRM Service Monitor, stop the Riva service.
- Close the CRM Service Monitor.
- In the Windows Services window, stop all the Omni Riva sync services.
In the root of the Riva installation folder, start AppUpdater.exe.
In the UpdaterForm window, browse to the Riva installation .zip file, select it, and select Upgrade.
The first time you upgrade Riva with AppUpdater.exe, manually install the CRM Agent Service in Riva\Application\Runtime.
For a multi-node deployment of Riva, do one of the following:
In the Windows Services window, ensure that there is only one sync service per node.
If multiple Riva nodes are present on one Riva server, each has its own name, as specified in the corresponding Omni.Riva.CrmAgentEx.exe config file.
Note: After AppUpdater.exe has executed, the sync service files reside in the Riva\Application\RunTime folder. Other copies exist in versioned folders, for example Riva\Application\22.214.171.124592.