To prepare for Direct GroupWise Riva connections
- Ensure that the system requirements have been met
- Prepare the Windows system hosting the Riva server
- Prepare the Riva connection user account for GroupWise
- Prepare the target user GroupWise mailbox accounts
- Configure Firewall Support
Step 1: Ensure That the System Requirements Have Been Met
Riva Direct GroupWise connections can be used for the following certified GroupWise systems:
- GroupWise 8.0.2 systems must be patched to Hot Fix 3 to prevent a known SOAP issue that can corrupt mailbox data.
- GroupWise should be patched to the latest levels.
Step 2: Prepare the Windows System Hosting the Riva Server
Confirm that the following has been completed:
Install and test the following client software:
- Windows GroupWise client to match the GroupWise system version. Log in to the GroupWise system as a valid user.
Disable Data Execution Protection
Create a local user account (for example, Riva), and add it to the local Administrators group. Ensure that the account password is set to never change and to not expire. The Riva CRM Agent service will be configured to log on as this user.
Step 3: Prepare the Riva Connection User Account for GroupWise
The Riva server needs to create a GroupWise connection. Connection user accounts need to be created or selected and properly configured.
Create or select a GroupWise user account (for example, named riva) that will be used by the Riva application to select target GroupWise users, and by the Riva CRM Agent services to access the target GroupWise user mailboxes:
- Ensure that the user account password is configured to never expire or change.
- Ensure that this account is visible to the entire GroupWise system.
- Test the login as this user from the Windows system that will host the Riva server.
Assign Proxy Access with Full Permissions. Each target GroupWise user that the Riva server will sync data for must be configured to provide proxy access to the Riva connection user account (above) and grant full access permissions.
Step 4: Prepare the Target User GroupWise Mailbox Accounts
Riva requires several key actions to be completed for each target user:
First logon to GroupWise - Users for each target GroupWise account that will synchronize to the CRM must log in to their GroupWise account using a GroupWise client at least once. This will ensure that the required folders are created in each of the target users mailboxes.
Primary SMTP Email Address - Each user's primary SMTP email address value in GroupWise must match the primary email address value for the corresponding CRM user account.
Visibility - The target user mailbox must be visible in the GroupWise system address book.
Step 5: Configure Firewall Support
Firewalls must allow:
- GroupWise connection - Typically TCP port 1677. (Confirm network ports assigned to each post office.)
- Data Transfer - Enable SOAP via HTTP or HTTPS protocols between the Riva Host system and the GroupWise server(s) configured in the Riva connections to GroupWise. (Refer to the POA settings for SOAP ports.)