These release notes provide a quick overview of what is new in the following release:
What's New in This Release
- New! Support for Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Evergreen) for OAuth connections
The OAuth connection setup to Microsoft 365, Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, and Microsoft Graph now support WebView2 (Evergreen).
For a brief overview, a list of benefits, and some installation notes, see WebView2 for Riva.
Updates for Specific CRMs or Email Systems
Support for Salesforce FSC Interactions
- New! Salesforce announced the Financial Services Cloud Interaction Summaries in the Spring Release '21:
- Riva Sync 2021.2 supports syncing to the Interaction object, and users can leverage existing Riva compliance and security tools to work with it. Riva’s relationship engine lets financial institutions sync a meeting as a Salesforce Interaction.
- Riva's compliance and security features can be configured to protect Interaction data.
- Riva’s Configurable Security Layer protects confidential information.
- Syncing options:
- Manual sync: Riva can be configured to allow users to manually select items that need to be synced to Salesforce by assigning an Outlook category or using Track in CRM in Riva Insight.
- Match by visibility: Riva can be configured to match items based on permissions or visibility in Salesforce.
- Riva can be configured with data flows that make the handling of Material Non-Public Info (MNPI) or confidential data comply with industry regulations.
- For an overview, see Riva Sync support for Interaction (FSC).
- Interested in Riva's compliance- and security-minded support for Interactions? To get started, contact the Riva Success Team.
Salesforce sync with Exchange
New! Configuration UI for Riva Insight On-Premise Meeting Notes:
Salesforce sync with Google
Fixed defect: Error occurred when a Google-originating appointment was synced back from Salesforce:
- Defect: Sometimes, when a recurring series of appointments was created in Google, was synced to Salesforce, and was updated in Salesforce, it could not be synced back to Google: a sync error occurred.
- Error message: "[Synchronization Policy - Salesforce SAL (Google - CET)] [user]@gmail.com" . . . Error occurred updating item: [InvalidParameter] Bad Request:-Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError Missing attendee email. [nnn] Errors [ Message[Missing attendee email.] Location[ - ] Reason[required] Domain[global] ] : [time stamp].
- Cause: In an unusual set of circumstances, when the sync policy was configured to impersonate the syncing users, the system attempted to sync a mailbox directly instead of through impersonation.
- Fix: If the unusual set of circumstances is encountered, the sync process does not sync the mailbox directly and does use impersonation.
New alternative when syncing a contact deletion in Exchange to Dynamics CRM:
- By default, a contact deletion in Exchange is synced as a contact deletion in Dynamics CRM.
- Now, Riva can be configured to sync a contact deletion in Exchange as a contact deactivation in Dynamics CRM.
- If you want such a deletion to be synced as a deactivation, contact the Riva Success Team.
New alternative when syncing to Dynamics CRM a contact that has been flagged as private in Exchange:
- By default, if a contact has been flagged as private in Exchange, the sync makes no change in Dynamics CRM.
- Now, Riva can be configured to deactivate such a contact in Dynamics CRM.
- If you want the flagging a contact as private to be synced as a deactivation, contact the Riva Success Team.
Fixed defect. Dynamics CRM and Office 365: "The application terminated with an error. No Inner Fault. (Fault Detail is equal to [Unknown] )":
- Defect: When syncing contacts, this sync error occurred: "System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Omni.Sync.Crm.Sdk.Service.ErrorInfo]: [Unknown] The application terminated with an error. No Inner Fault. (Fault Detail is equal to [Unknown])."
- Cause: In the OAuth connection, the service proxy was not set properly for the service client.
- Fix: Now, the service proxy is set properly for the service client.
Fixed defect. Dynamics CRM OAuth connection: OAuth tokens did not refresh after expiration:
- Defect: When a token expired and in the CRM Connection Edit window, Validate OAuth token was clicked, the following error occurred: "[time stamp] INFO [ 1] [(null)] Resource is null or empty."
- Fix: Now, in that scenario, clicking Validate OAuth token works, unless there is a different problem. In the latter case, a meaningful, actionable error message is issued.
Ability to select 2016, 2013, or 2010 as the Exchange service version:
Logging: improved resiliency:
- New! Ability to make the log file names static.
- By default, when a log file reaches a configured size, it is renamed, and the original name is re-used for the next log file.
- Now, the log file names can be determined beforehand, so that the log files will never be renamed.
- New! If all logging mechanisms are unavailable and a Riva service stop is initiated, the service now stops before the Windows time limit for service commands is reached.
- The service is no longer prevented from stopping because it cannot log that it is about to stop.
- This enables us to stop the Riva service to deploy an emergency hot fix, for example.
Address Book: re-initialization enhancement:
- Scenario: By default, when one or more end users no longer need an Address Book subfolder created by Riva, a re-initialization option is used to remove the contacts from that address book. After that, the regular sync process syncs them to the users' default Address Book. But, the empty Riva-created subfolders are left up to the end users to delete themselves.
- Now, you can configure one advanced option to change the default behaviour. Afterwards, in that scenario, the empty Riva-created Address Book subfolders are automatically deleted by Riva.
Meetings: New! Ability not to sync updates on meetings that have a large number of attendees:
- For performance reasons, Riva can be configured not to update meetings that exceed a specified number of attendees in total, or a specified number of CRM user attendees, or a specified number of contact attendees.
- Tip: Generally, meetings that have a large number of attendees are internal, company-wide informational meetings that have little value in the CRM, so updates to the meeting in the email system need not be synced back to the CRM and affect the sync performance.
Custom modules: enhanced support:
- The support for custom modules in a sync policy has been extended from ten to 20 modules.
Blackout times: fixed defect:
- Background: By definition, Riva does not sync data during configured blackout times. Blackout times provides a maintenance window for your Riva-related resources.
- Defect: While performing a maintenance task during blackout times, Riva synced some data.
- Cause: The maintenance task included the use of a re-initialization option, and by default, a sync occurs after using a re-init option.
- Fix: Now, when a re-init option is used for a maintenance task during blackout times, no sync occurs after using that re-init option.
- More background information: