Riva 126.96.36.199302 or higher. Details.
Although it is possible to rename sync users one by one, you may prefer to rename them in bulk.
To rename users in bulk:
- Ensure that the requirements are met.
- Prepare the list of changes in a .csv file.
- Use the .csv file in Riva.
Step 1: Ensure That the Requirements for Bulk Renaming Users Are Met
Ensure that the following three requirements are met:
- The email domain name has been changed in the existing email system; and
- There is no change to the email system that hosts the mailboxes; and
- No syncing email users have been assigned to the sync policy by means of AD distribution groups.
If the email system has changed or AD distribution groups were used to assign the syncing email users, contact the Riva Success Team.
For more information, see Apply only if the following conditions are met.
Ensure that someone has reconfigured the Riva policy to use a new email domain name.
Step 2: Prepare the List of Changes in a .csv File
In the .csv file, place one email address change per line.
Make every line follow this format: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Note: There is no space between the comma and the address after it.
Step 3: To Use the .csv File in Riva
In the Riva Manager application, on the menu bar, select Setup.
In the right pane, double-click the policy that controls the sync of users that need to be renamed.
In the Edit CRM Synchronization Policy window that appears, select the Re-Initialize tab.
Note: In policies created in Riva 2.4.45 or earlier, the tab is called Sync Start Time.
In the right pane, select Load users.
Right-click any user, and select Bulk User Rename.
Result: The Bulk User Rename window appears.
Bulk User Rename
The Bulk User Rename window is where a .csv file can be used to rename multiple users if the requirements are met.
In the Bulk User Rename window, read the instructions.
In the Open window that appears, navigate to and select the .csv file that contains the list of changed email addresses. What is the formatting requirement for the .csv file?
Result: The Bulk User Rename window displays the name of the selected .csv file.
In the Bulk User Rename window, select Rename.
Results in Riva 188.8.131.52302 or higher:
If there was no error in the .csv file, a message box confirms that the users were renamed and announces that the Riva Manager application will close.
The same information is found in the logs. See Types of logs.
The new names are used to create user transaction folders.
- In Riva 2.4.47, there is a defect in the Bulk User Rename tool. There is also a work-around to prevent the defect from manifesting itself, but because it is counter-intuitive, we strongly recommend upgrading Riva to version 184.108.40.206302 or higher before using the Bulk User Rename tool.
- In Riva 220.127.116.11302, the defect was fixed.