In Riva 2.4.48 or higher for all the supported email systems except GroupWise, the Riva Item Issues Summary Report can be enabled. The report helps to resolve errors caused by inadequate CRM permissions, because it makes it easier to isolate the sync cycle activities that led to those errors.
Structure of the Riva Item Issues Summary Report
The report contains the following information:
- Primary entity name (user name in the form of an email address).
- Sync cycle ID.
- Sync policy name.
- Pod or node.
- Version of Riva. (2.4.48 or higher.)
- Sync cycle start time.
- Sync cycle end time.
- Sync cycle duration.
- For every error:
- Date and time of error.
- Title of the item that encountered the error.
- [Sync ID]. The ID of the synced item. It contains two elements:
Impact on Error Categories or Labels
If the report is enabled, error categories or labels are not applied to the email system items that are in error.
Location of the Riva Item Issues Summary Report
The report is synced to the email client of the syncing user whose sync encountered one or more errors.
- For Exchange 2013 or higher, the report is synced by default to the Riva Item Issues subfolder of the Sync Issues folder, which are both generated by Riva in Outlook.
- For earlier versions of Exchange, the report is synced by default to the Riva Item Issues folder at the top level of the mailbox.
- The Riva Item Issues folder or subfolder can be renamed, as described in the following procedure.
Enabling and Configuring the Riva Item Summary Report
To enable and configure the Riva Item Issues Summary Report in Riva 2.4.48 or higher:
Configure the following advanced options for a sync policy:
Sync.Crm.ItemErrorSummaryDocument.Enabled = true (Enables the creation of Riva Item Issues Summary Reports for the policy. Default: false.)
Sync.Crm.ItemErrorSummaryDocument.ErrorLimit = max, where max is the maximum number of issues that may be included in a summary report. Default: 5000.
Sync.Crm.ItemErrorSummaryDocument.FolderName = name, where name is the name of the folder or subfolder that is to store the Riva Item Issues Summary reports. Default: Riva Item Issues.
When items cannot be synced to the CRM because of inadequate CRM permissions, a report is produced.
The folder or subfolder that stores the reports is created in the email client when the first report is produced.
Error categories or labels are not applied to the items that are in error. The report generation replaces the use of categories or labels.