Applies to Riva 2.4.46 or higher.
"Calendar: Attendee Modes" Window
This is where you can choose an appropriate attendee mode.
Before choosing an appropriate attendee mode
Manage a meeting in the system it was created in: in the CRM or in the email system, but not in both.
- If meetings originating from the email system are managed in the CRM, attendees who do not match contacts or users in CRM will end up missing from the attendee list in the email system.
- If meetings created or modified in the CRM are managed in the email system, no notifications will be sent to the attendees in the email system.
Choosing the appropriate attendee mode
For customers upgrading from a version that already has attendee syncing configured with advanced or custom options, the "Custom" option is automatically selected and you cannot select another mode - this will ensure backwards compatibility. You may like to contact us and ask us to review the exact way in which attendee syncing is managed in your system.
In the following table, in the first column, find the use case that applies to your organization, and select the corresponding attendee mode:
|In this use case...
|If every CRM user attendee is syncing,
|If your system includes multiple synchronized email systems,
||Otherwise, duplicate appointments appear in the CRM.
|If you want to forward meetings from your email system,
||select Hybrid or Pure.
- Attempting to forward appointments in the Unshared attendee mode may strip all the attendees from the attendee list.
- Attempting to forward appointments in the Full attendee mode may cause inconsistent attendee lists, which may cause the appointment to be deleted for forwarded users.
Hybrid mode requirement for Salesforce.
Check box for Hybrid mode: Optimize when all CRM Users are synchronizing.
|If you do not want shared meetings in the CRM,
||Hybrid mode requirement for Salesforce: Hybrid is supported only if the following check box is selected: Events: synchronize event attendees to event relations. For more information, see Configure the Salesforce connection options.
Check box for Hybrid mode: Optimize when all CRM Users are synchronizing. (Default: [Cleared] (= not selected).)
When the check box is selected: To increase performance, for internally organized events, only the organizer can update the event details: Subject, Description, Date, Time, etc.; but the syncing attendees are responsible for updating their own status. — This setting works well when every CRM user who could be an event organizer is syncing, because the organizer's items are synced every cycle. But, if the organizer is a non-syncing user, the event is created and initially synced, but updates will not be synced.
- For the Pure and Hybrid modes, we usually recommend configuring the Is the Connection User Dedicated for Synchronization check box.
- We do not recommend selecting the Full mode, because
- when there are many attendees, Full can cause the sync to become extremely slow.
- forwarding appointments in the Full attendee mode may cause inconsistent attendee lists, which may cause the appointment to be deleted for forwarded users.
- Riva 2.4.46 or higher.
- All supported email systems except GroupWise when accessed via a legacy connection.
- All supported CRMs except GoldMine. — For Sugar and SAP C4C, the addition or removal of attendees is synced as described in this article, but attendee statuses are not synced to Sugar or SAP C4C.
To navigate to the "Calendar: Attendee Modes" window:
In the Riva Manager application, on the menu bar, select Policies.
Double-click a policy to edit it.
In the Edit CRM Synchronization Policy window that appears, select the Calendar tab.
On the Calendar page, under Options, select Configure Attendee Mode Settings.
The "Calendar: Attendee Modes" window appears.