To prepare for an Enterprise GroupWise 2014 connection
- Ensure that the system requirements have been met
- Prepare the Windows system hosting the Riva server
- Prepare the Riva connection user accounts for e/Directory/GroupWise
- Prepare the target user GroupWise mailbox accounts
- Configure firewall support
Step 1: Ensure that the System Requirements Have Been Met
Supported GroupWise systems. Riva Enterprise GroupWise connections can be used for the following certified GroupWise systems:
- GroupWise Patches: Latest GroupWise 2014 patches.
Step 2: Prepare the Windows System Hosting the Riva Server
Confirm that the following has been completed:
Create a local user account (for example, Riva), and add it to the local Administrators group. Ensure that the account password is set to never change and to not expire. The Riva CRM Agent service will be configured to log on as this user.
Step 3: Prepare the Riva Connection User Accounts for eDirectory/GroupWise
The Riva Enterprise connection for GroupWise 2014 uses the trusted application key name as the user name for the connection. Riva administrators must create a trusted application key generated in GroupWise 2014 to provide approved full access to target user mailboxes.
Step 4: Prepare the Target User GroupWise Mailbox Accounts
Riva requires several key actions to be completed for each target mailbox:
First logon to GroupWise - Target users that Riva will sync must log in to their GroupWise mailbox using a GroupWise client at least once. This will ensure that the required folders are created in the target mailbox.
Primary SMTP Email Address - Riva relates the GroupWise mailbox to the corresponding CRM user account using the user's email address. Each user's primary SMTP email address value in GroupWise must match the primary email address value for the corresponding CRM user account.
Visibility - The target user mailbox must be visible in the GroupWise system address book.
Step 5: Configure Firewall Support
Firewalls must allow:
- Data Transfer - Enable SOAP via HTTP or HTTPS protocols between the Riva Host system and the GroupWise server(s) configured in the Riva connections to GroupWise. (Refer to the POA settings for SOAP ports.)