Oracle CRM On Demand includes per-user Web Service allotments based on license type. This allotment limits the total number of operations Oracle and third-party applications can make in a day. This includes Riva Cloud, Riva On-Premise, and mobile or Office plug-ins.
The limits are defined based on the Oracle On Demand edition currently deployed.
|Oracle CRM On Demand Edition
|Multi-Tenant Enterprise Edition
|Single Tenant, Standard Edition
|Single Tenant, Enterprise Edition
Strategies to Reduce Usage
- Keep the version of Riva On-Premise up to date. (Riva Cloud is always automatically up to date, but you have to deliberately upgrade Riva On-Premise.)
- Enable "Stateless Session Management" on the connection. Procedure for Riva On-Premise 2.4.29 or higher. For Riva Cloud, contact the Riva Success Team.
- Consider disabling "Account" synchronization. Procedure for Riva On-Premise. For Riva Cloud, contact the Riva Success Team.
- Reduce the synchronization frequency. Changing the synchronization from every 5 minutes to every 10 minutes should effectively cut the usage in half.
- Use advanced scheduling features. Configure the synchronization schedule to focus on specific modules of greater importance, instead of synchronizing every module every poll. If calendaring is more important than contact updates, consider synchronizing the calendar every hour and contacts every 4 hours - a 4x ratio in the scheduler. (Available in Riva Cloud and Riva On-Premise 2.4.26 or higher.)
- Disable attachment support. (Available in Riva Cloud and Riva On-Premise 2.4.23 or higher; in Riva Cloud and Riva On-Premise 2.4.28 or higher, this can be done on a per-module basis.)
- Is a bi-directional sync required? Consider making a module read-only.
- Can specific items be safely ignored based on a filter? A custom filter may help. (Available in Riva Cloud and Riva On-Premise 2.4.28 or higher.)
- Reduce the frequency of the "unassigned" and "delete" checks. (Available in Riva Cloud and Riva On-Premise 2.4.29 or higher.)
- Define a period after which changes to historic calendar and task records are ignored. Example: If changes are detected for an appointment that has a start date over 90 days ago, ignore those changes. (Available in Riva Cloud and Riva On-Premise 2.4.30 or higher.)
Review your current usage using the Web Service Allotment Utilization console, and try the above adjustments. If the service usage is still higher than expected, contact the Riva Success Team for assistance reviewing the current configuration and possible suggestions.