These release notes provide a quick overview of what is new in the following release:
||Try our free 15-day trial of Riva On-Premise.
What's New in This Release
Learn about the latest improvements for Riva On-Premise.
New Salesforce-Specific Sync Feature
User Experience Enhancements for Admins
- New UI elements to enable and configure Splunk logging:
In earlier versions, Splunk logging was enabled and configured by entering settings in an .xml configuration file.
Now, it can be done in the Set Logging window by selecting check boxes and entering values in fields.
To access the Set Logging window:
- In the Riva Manager application, on the menu bar, select Tools, and then choose Set Logging Level.
- New! Plain text templates available for error notifications:
Background: Riva 2.4.53 introduced HTML templates for error notifications.
Now, plain text templates are available.
To select a plain text template:
- In the sync policy, select the Notifications tab.
- In the right pane, near the top, select the Send Email Notification check box.
- A few fields below, set Email Format to Plain Text.
- Save and enable the policy.
Result: From this point on, any error notification emails will be sent in plain text.
Improvements in the Advanced Options window
- Ability to add an advanced option (key) and its value at the same time:
- An admin starts the Riva Manager application and, in the right pane, double-clicks a policy to edit it.
- In the edit window that appears, on the menu bar, the admin selects Advanced Options.
- Not far from the orange Advanced Options tab, in the right pane, the admin selects Custom Options.
- In the Policy Advanced Options window that appears, in the Search field, the admin copies and pastes the following key and its value, including the equal sign:
This.Key.Is.Only.An.Example = True
- When the search result 0/0 appears, then to the right of the Search field, the admin selects Add.
Result: This.Key.Is.Only.An.Example True appears in the list of advanced options.
Note: There was no need to enter the key and then edit the Value field to enter the value.
- Because this key and value were only an example, the admin selects This.Key.Is.Only.An.Example True and, in the top right corner, selects Remove.
- The Search now searches through both the values and advanced option names (keys):
In previous versions, the Search searched through only the key names.
Now, both the key names and values are searched through.