These release notes provide a quick overview of what is new in the following release:
||Try our free 15-day trial of Riva On-Premise.
What's New in This Release
Learn more about the latest features and user experience improvements for Riva On-Premise.
CRM-Specific New Features
- Dynamics 365 connections now support OAuth Client Secret authentication:
To switch from user credentials to OAuth:
- Create a connection and select Dynamics 365 OAuth Client Secret and enter the OAuth details.
- In the sync policy, replace the credentials-based connection with the OAuth-based connection.
- NetSuite connections now support the Application ID and Token-Based Authentication:
NetSuite connections based on user credentials now have a field to enter the Application ID.
It is possible to switch a connection from user credentials to Token-Based Authentication (TBA) by selecting a check box and entering the TBA details.
Email-Specific New Features
Office 365 and Exchange
- Autosynchronize emails based on conversation:
- An admin enables conversation sync in the sync policy.
- An end user manually syncs an email the usual way:
- By dragging it to a SmartConvert or Assign To folder; or
- By setting a Riva-specified category on the email in the Inbox or Sent Items folder; or
- By using the Riva Insight Track in CRM feature.
- The Riva sync engine recognizes replies to that manually synced email and automatically tracks them to the same CRM items as the manually synced email. There is no need to drag those subsequent emails to the SmartConvert or Assign To folder or setting their category or using Track in CRM for them to be synced.
- Ability to replace an old primary category with a new one for items that have already been synced:
In Riva 2.4.48 or 2.4.49, it was possible to change a primary category, but the change affected only the items that were synced after the change.
Now, it is possible to make the same change on items that have already been synced. (By default, the primary category change affects only the items that are synced after the change, but now, by using an advanced option, the same change is propagated to previously synced items.)
- Ability to replace an old primary label with a new one for items that have already been synced:
In Riva 2.4.48 or 2.4.49, it was possible to change a primary label, but the change affected only the items that were synced after the change.
Now, it is possible to make the same change on items that have already been synced. (By default, the primary label change affects only the items that are synced after the change, but now, by using an advanced option, the same change is propagated to previously synced items.)
Sync Configuration Improvements
- Enhanced ability to reset the calendar item creation date filter earlier in time:
Background: After calendar items were synced as far back as a certain creation date, the only way to enable syncing items with an earlier creation date was to contact the Riva Success Team.
Now, it is possible to use the new Clear Link States re-initialization option to enable earlier items to be synced.
- New: Ability to clear CRM-originating items from the email system without deleting privatized appointments:
To achieve that purpose, we have tweaked the functionality of two re-init options. The conditions for using them remain the same. The options are Full and Clear.
- New: User filter available for the re-init options:
In earlier versions of Riva, the selection of specific users for a re-initialization had to be made by loading a .csv file or selecting a check box in front of every user.
Now, it is possible to start entering characters in a field. As characters are entered, the list of displayed users narrows down to those whose user name begins with the entered character(s).
New: More Intuitive User Interface in the Riva Manager Application
- In the new main menu, it is easier to add an email connection, a CRM connection, or a sync policy. Look in the left pane of the Riva Manager application.
Less navigating: connections and sync policies are displayed on one page, in the right pane.
To access the new UI: In the Riva Manager application, on the menu bar, select Tools, and then choose Try New UI.