By default, Riva syncs deleted CRM calendar items to Office 365 and Exchange, which then removes the calendar item from the user's primary calendar and places it in the Deleted Items folder. The challenge with handling CRM calendar deletions this way is that users often do not want to lose a calendar item in the mailbox, even if it has been removed in the CRM.
There are three reasons that Riva detects CRM calendar items as being deleted:
- The CRM user deletes the calendar item in the CRM, or
- The CRM user is removed from the list of related users, or
- The CRM calendar item falls outside the user's CRM security context.
Sync Policy Calendar Option
Riva 2.4.32 or higher includes an option on the sync policy Calendar page to control how to handle CRM calendar items that are deleted.
Start the Riva Manager application.
On the menu bar, select Policies.
In the right pane, double-click the sync policy to edit it.
In the Edit CRM Synchronization window that appears, on the menu bar, select Calendar.
On the Calendar page, locate the option Treat CRM deletions as cancellations instead of moving to "Deleted Items".
The screen shot is taken from Riva 2.4.57.
If the check box is selected, a calendar item that is deleted in CRM is synced like this:
- The words "Deleted by CRM" are inserted at the beginning of the Subject of the calendar item.
- Outlook and other email or calendar clients display the appointment as cancelled and show it as free in the calendar views.
Outlook end users can keep the calendar item in that state or delete it manually or by using a "Remove from Calendar" button.
If the check box is cleared, the deleted CRM calendar items are removed from the Exchange primary calendar and placed in the Deleted Items folder in the user's mailbox.
Save the policy.
Effect if Users Have Already Synced Calendar Data
If Riva has already synced calendar data, Riva does not modify calendar items that have already been placed in the Deleted Items folder. Riva applies this change only to CRM calendar items that are "deleted" after the sync policy has been changed.
- Riva for Office 365 or Exchange only. This feature is not supported for the other supported email systems.
- Riva Cloud.
- Riva On-Premise 2.4.32 or higher.