This article does not apply to Riva 2.4.55 or higher, because the minimum requirement of those versions exceeds .NET 4.5. (See Riva On-Premise requirements: server, firewall, and scalability.)
Riva 2.4.41 through 2.4.54
- requires .NET 4.5 to support connections via HTTP by using TLS 1.1 or 1.2.
- automatically detects .NET 4.5 and configures itself for it.
Riva 2.4.38 through 2.4.40
Riva 2.4.37 or earlier
To enable .NET 4.5 support for Riva 2.4.40 or earlier:
Properly prepare the host Windows Server, including installing the latest version or updates of .NET 4.5. See How to verify the version of .NET 4.5 that is installed.
Upgrade Riva to version 2.4.38 or higher. Recommended: Update to the latest public release, and skip the following steps, because the latest public release automatically detects .NET 4.5 and configures itself for it.
Add .NET 4.5 support. Create or edit the applicable .config files to include the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5"/>
- Enable the correct version of TLS for your environment.
Which .config files to create: Add the .NET options to the correct application configuration. Add or edit .config files that are located in the Riva\Application\Base or Riva\Application\<Riva version> folder:
- RivaApp.exe.config: For the Riva Manager application to allow connection and impersonation tests to Salesforce.
- Omni.Riva.CrmAgentEx.exe.config: For the CRM Agent Service (used for Riva for Exchange, IBM Notes, Google's G Suite, Riva for Developers, and the new GroupWise connection).
- Omni.Riva.CrmAgent.exe.config: For the CRM Agent Service for GroupWise. (This uses the legacy connection.)