To create a GroupWise connection:
Select the GroupWise logo to start the GroupWise Connection Wizard.
System Requirement: Riva Cloud needs to be able to connect to the GroupWise post office hosting your mailbox account. You must be able to log in to your GroupWise account from the internet using a GroupWise client.
Enter the following GroupWise user account information:
- Host: This should be the DNS name (for example po1.mycompany.com) of the GroupWise post office server that you normally log in to. If not sure, ask your GroupWise administrator. The small text box beside the host text box is for the SOAP port number for your GroupWise post office. The default is normally 7191. If that value does not work, ask your GroupWise administrator for the correct value.
- Username: The user name (for example, gordon) that you use to log in using a GroupWise client or GroupWise Web Access.
- Password: Used to log in.
Riva Cloud attempts to connect to your email account with the credentials and connection information that you have provided.
If the connection works, the email connection is added to your Riva Cloud account.
To resolve any issue, see the next section.
Riva Cloud must be able to connect to your GroupWise post office server from the internet using SOAP services. If Riva Cloud reports that the connection was not successful, contact your GroupWise administrator to confirm the following:
- You are using the correct DNS name for your GroupWise post office.
- You are using the correct SOAP services port number for your GroupWise post office. The default is normally 7191, but a different port number may be assigned to your post office by the administrator.
If you still experience an issue, contact the Riva Success Team.