The Riva Insight Windows add-in 2021.4 now supports Edge Chromium (WebView2) as the embedded web browser.
- With support ending for Internet Explorer, it is highly recommended to use the latest version of the Windows Add-in (at a minimum version 2021.4), and ensuring your machines meet the Web Browser Requirements
- WebView2 is highly recommended for any customer using Riva Insight's Login with Salesforce.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Edge Chromium WebView2
- the WebView2 runtime needs to be installed separately, even if the Edge Chromium web browser is installed on the machine.
- the WebView2 runtime is automatically installed with most Microsoft 365 subscriptions
- if the WebView2 runtime is not installed, or has been removed, it can be downloaded from Microsoft and installed
- Riva Insight Windows Add-in version 2021.4 or higher.
- One of the follow versions of Riva Insight Server
- 2021.4 or higher;
- 2021.3 build 79884 or higher
- 2021.2 build 79885 or higher
- If the Edge Chromium WebView2 requirements are met:
- the Riva Insight Windows Add-in automatically uses WebView2 (Edge Chromium) as the embedded web browser.
- If the Edge Chromium WebView2 requirements are not met:
- the Windows Add-in continues to use the legacy embedded web browser (Internet Explorer).
- you may experience compatibility issues
- only Edge Chromium WebView2 will be supported past 2022
To force the Windows Add-in to use Internet Explorer on WebView2 (Chromium) supported environments
While not recommended, it is possible to force the Windows Add-in to still use Internet Explorer.
- Edit the registry (regedit.exe), and add the following String Value:
- Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Omni\
- Type: String Value (REG_SZ)
- Name: WebBrowser.Engine
- Value (Data): IE
- If the Windows Add-in is centrally deployed, the setting can be applied through your deployment services software