The Meeting Notes feature makes the workflow convenient and very flexible:
- You can capture Meeting Notes during the meeting, and drafts are automatically saved until you come back to them.
- Notes are shared and tracked to CRM at the click of a button.
- By default, your notes will be sent to the internal attendees of the meeting, your manager, and the account team.
- Meeting Notes can be edited from Riva Insight at any time and be shared and tracked.
- Email reminders are sent to you if you forget to edit and send the notes off.
Note: Any CRM user meeting participant can write, edit, track, and share Meeting Notes (or delete them). This is done on an individual basis, and another individual cannot complete the same actions on someone else's Meeting Notes.
In Riva Insight, select an appointment, meeting, or calendar item.
Note: If you select an email for display in Riva Insight, the Meeting Notes section is not available.
In the appointment, meeting, or calendar item's Meeting Notes section, write your Notes in rich text.
Tip: To increase the size of the Meeting Notes area, drag and stretch the 3-dash line.
To format your Notes, you can use the formatting icons across the top of the Meeting Notes section or use the CTRL keyboard shortcuts:
- CTRL+B – Bold.
- CTRL+I – Italic.
- CTRL+U – Underline.
- CTRL+A – Select All.
- CTRL+\ – Remove font style.
- CTRL+SHIFT+S – Strikethrough.
- CTRL+SHIFT+NUM7 – Unordered list.
- CTRL+SHIFT+NUM8 – Ordered list.
- CTRL+[ – Outdent.
- CTRL+] – Indent.
Do one of the following:
To track and share the Meeting Notes immediately, click Track.
- or -
To postpone sharing the Meeting Notes (to save them for future edits) but track them now, clear the Share internally check box, and click Track.
Note: If you have shared your Meeting Notes, next time you navigate back to the meeting in Riva Insight, you will see a visual indicator that shows the last date and time you shared your Meeting Notes with the team.
After tracking Meeting Notes, whether you have shared them or not, you can still edit them.
In Riva Insight, select the appointment, meeting, or calendar item whose Meeting Notes you want to edit.
In the appointment, meeting, or calendar item's Meeting Notes section, edit the notes in the message text box.
Do one of the following:
- To track and share the Meeting Notes immediately, ensure that the Share internally check box is selected, and click Track.
- or -
- To postpone sharing the Meeting Notes but track them immediately, clear the Share internally check box, and click Track.
Note: You will see a visual indicator in Riva Insight that shows the last date and time
- after tracking updated Meeting Notes to the CRM, whether you have shared them or not;
- after sharing your Meeting Notes.
In Riva Insight, navigate to the tracked meeting and click Edit Tracked Appointment.
In the Meeting Notes field, erase the entire contents, and click Track.
Result: After the meeting has been tracked, the meeting note will be deleted from the CRM.
Limitation: If a meeting note is deleted in the CRM, the Meeting Notes field in Riva Insight will not be cleared.
In Salesforce, navigate to the standard Salesforce event whose Meeting Notes you want to see.
Click the Related tab associated with the meeting.
Click the meeting title that is displayed to view the meeting notes in full.
The title of the tracked Meeting Notes is [Date (yyyy-mm-dd)]|[Meeting Title] - Author: CRM Username
Meeting notes in Salesforce are related to the Event and to the Account for ease of access.
Meeting Notes are publicly visible from the Account or Opportunity view.
If you take notes for a private meeting, the notes will be accessible to attendee users.
Meeting Notes are shared by email with the internal attendees, manager, and account team after a user selects the Share Internally option.
- When you view the Meeting Notes email in your mailbox, Riva Insight loads all of the appointment details.
- The email header has the meeting summary details, such as Date, Location, Subject, and a link to the Account in CRM.
- The Notes section, along with the Meeting Notes, has the date and time stamp when the note was shared.
Meeting Notes also has an additional notification feature if the notes have yet to be shared.
The notifications are sent at the end of each day.
Troubleshooting: The Meeting Notes Are Not Sent to Your Manager
Issue: When you share your Meeting Notes, they are not sent to your manager but to someone else.
Likely cause: Windows AD has not been updated with the correct information about your current manager.
Solution: Ask your Office 365 or Exchange administrator to verify if Windows AD needs to be updated with the correct information.