- Riva Insight 2020.3.
- If you use the Outlook Windows add-in, upgrade it to version 2020.3.
Autosave drafts is supported for
- Outlook Windows Add-in.
- Outlook Web Add-in when reading an email and opening Track in CRM from that email.
- Outlook Web Add-in when an attendee opens an appointment and opens Track in CRM from that appointment.
It is not supported for
- Outlook Web Add-in in a browser.
- Outlook Web Add-in when writing an email and opening Track in CRM from that email.
- Outlook Web Add-in when an organizer creates an appointment or reopens it later — and opens Track in CRM from that appointment.
When entering information with Track in CRM, your changes are autosaved as a draft in the mailbox. This allows you to switch between items and come back to them, without losing any of your information.
This is when your work is autosaved as a draft in the mailbox:
- Every time you move the cursor from one field to another in Track in CRM.
- Every time you select an item from a list or select or clear a check box within Track in CRM.
- If you are composing text in Rich Text and the text has been changed, it is saved every five seconds by default. The autosave interval is configurable.
- When an item is being autosaved, a Draft Saving message appears.
- Hovering the cursor over the item's badge displays when the contents were autosaved or saved the last time.
- When you track the item, the badge indicates when it was tracked. (Configuration required.)
- The draft state is visually indicated: Draft Saving, Draft Saved, Tracking, or Tracked.
Discarding a draft:
- If the item has not been tracked yet, discarding a draft returns the item to its initial state.
- If the item has been tracked, then discarding a draft returns the item to its last tracked state.