The Riva Cloud release notes list the benefits of this release:
||September 8, 2017
Benefits of this Release
More Secure "Forgot Password" process
- If you forget your Riva Cloud login password, you are now required to select I'm not a robot and prove it by selecting reCAPTCHA image elements.
- Instead of receiving a temporary password by email, you receive a verification code.
- For the updated procedure, see Reset a forgotten password.
Timezone awareness for peak, non-peak, and blackout hours
- Background information:
- For peak times (7:00 am - 5:59 pm) and non-peak times (6:00 am - 6:59 am and 6:00 pm - midnight), you can configure the sync frequency in the sync policy, so as to optimize the use of API calls and other resources. That is done on the Schedule tab.
- During blackout times (midnight - 5:59 am), there is no sync, which provides a maintenance window for your resources.
- Possible issue: The time zone of some or many syncing users may be different from the time zone that is set on the sync policy's Schedule tab. The time zone difference affects the peak-time availability of the Riva sync for those users.
- All sync policies created in Riva Cloud 2017.5 or higher are configured by default to detect every individual user's time zone setting in the CRM. That individual setting is used to determine the peak, off-peak, and blackout times for that individual's sync.
- To request the change for existing sync policies, contact the Riva Success Team.
Shortcut to sign in to Riva Cloud with Google
Signing in to Riva Cloud with Google is two clicks or taps closer.
Corrected range of colours for Google-based sync policies
- For the default Google calendar, we have ensured that the colour options available in Riva Cloud sync policies are indeed supported. (We used to have some selections that were not supported by Google, but we have removed them.)
- For a separate Google calendar, Riva cannot set the colour. You can do it in Google after creating the calendar, and Riva will not override the colour.