Audience: End Users.
The purpose of Track in CRM is to create an additional relationship to an item that you want to have recorded in CRM.
On YouTube, watch Riva Insight Track in CRM.
Track in CRM, when used in Office 365, has these limitations:
- The Microsoft Office API prevents running Track in CRM
- for tasks and contacts, and
- for Outlook on mobile devices
Track an Appointment, Email, or Task
To track an appointment, email, or task to an unrelated item in CRM:
Select what you want to track:
In the client, select Track in CRM.
Result: The Track in CRM screen appears.
To relate the mail item to a recently used person (i.e. contact or load) or object (i.e. account or opportunity):
Or if the item is not available in the history, click on the icon to open the search box
At the bottom of the Track in CRM window, select Track to track the item. Alternatively, you may also Discard Draft to discard any changes you had made in Track in CRM, or Cancel if you want to come back and track at a later time.
After clicking on Track, there will be a Pending indicator at the top of Insight. When an item is pending, it means that the item has been tracked, and is waiting for Riva Sync to process the item and save it to the CRM.
After an item has been synced and saved to CRM:
- there will be a Tracked indicator, and In CRM at the the top of Riva Insight, letting you know that the item has been tracked, and is available in CRM.
- the CRM record representing the item that was synced to CRM will be displayed in the Riva Insight side panel.