A successful installation and setup of a Riva On-Premise server requires preparation, understanding the best practices, and using the correct deployment checklist:
Learn What Riva On-Premise Can Sync
Review the following articles to learn more about how Riva On-Premise will sync data between the email platform and the CRM system:
Each of those articles contain videos, summary explanations and a list of typical questions to ask yourself to assist evaluations teams with deciding how to configure Riva sync policy option settings.
How to Prepare for Riva On-Premise
Preparing the customer environment for a Riva On-Premise data sync includes:
Preparing the Windows system that will host the Riva server. Riva server can be installed on Windows 2012 or 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit). For instructions, see Prepare Windows for Riva.
Prepare the Email system for Riva. Riva server can connect to four email platforms: Exchange, IBM Notes, Google's G Suite, or GroupWise:
Prepare the CRM system for Riva. Riva On-Premise can connect to industry-leading CRM systems. Select the appropriate Vendor CRM that Riva will connect to:
- Prepare GoldMine for Riva - GoldMine (Premium Edition only) versions 2014, 2013, 9.2, 9 and 8.5. (Corporate and Enterprise editions are not supported.)
- Prepare 1CRM (info@hand) for Riva - 1CRM (previously info@hand) On Premise versions 5.3.3+ and info@hand Online (www.1crm.com)
- Prepare Infor CRM (SalesLogix) for Riva - Infor CRM latest release, SalesLogix versions 7.0+
- Prepare intelecrm for Riva - intelecrm On Premise 6.0+ and Hosted
- Prepare MS Dynamics CRM for Riva - MS Dynamics CRM versions 2015, 2013, 2011 and 4: On Premise and Hosted including Microsoft Dynamics CRM On-Demand
- Prepare NetSuite for Riva
- Prepare Oracle CRM On Demand for Riva
- Prepare Oracle Sales Cloud for Riva
- Prepare Sage CRM for Riva - Sage CRM (On Premise) versions 6 & 7 and Sage CRM Professional (Cloud)
- Prepare Salesforce for Riva - Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited and force.com. (Contact manager and Group edition are not supported.)
- Prepare SAP C4C for Riva
- Prepare Sugar for Riva - SugarCRM versions 6.5+ (Community, Professional, Corporate, Enterprise, and Ultimate) and Sugar On Demand. (Sugar no longer supports version prior to 6.5)
- Prepare SuiteCRM for Riva - SuiteCRM 7.0+ including latest releases.
Prepare firewalls and IESC to support Riva. The Riva sync service needs target IP addresses and TCP ports configured on applicable corporate and Windows firewalls to support Riva connections, authentication and data transfer using SOAP. The Riva wizards in the Riva Manager application need IESC to be configured to support connections. See:
Prepare Test Users for Initial Sync.
Confirm your readiness with your Riva Success Agent. Email your assigned Riva Successs Agent and confirm that you are ready for the schedule GSB appointment to install and configure your Riva On-Premise server.